Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hollywood Freeway On-Ramp

Hollywood Freeway On-Ramp - Los Angeles  2014

My plans had changed. I had originally thought to drive to L.A., visit, then drive up towards Owens Valley and camp out. Then, head through Yosemite over Tioga Pass and camp in Yosemite Valley. I was even able to get some valley reservations!

Alas, the weather intervened, with some serious rainy weather predicted for Northern California, which would translate to snow in the mountains. I changed my plans, cancelling my camping reservation and routing myself instead through Monterey - my usual route anyway. (It did end up snowing in the mountains, closing Tioga Pass.)

This photo shows my usual route out of Los Angeles, driving past Hollywood Bowl onto the Hollywood Freeway / Highway 101 north.

No comments: